The Income Tax Department of India has issued the latest version of RPU (Return Preparation Utility) for eTDS/eTCS statement for the 2nd QTR for the financial year 2010-11.
Key features of RPU version 2.2
• Preparation of quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements (regular and correction) pertaining to FY 2010-11
• Preparation correction statement using consolidated TDS/TCS statement (provided by TIN) pertaining to FY 2010-11
• Select flag “C” in the column “Reason for lower or non deduction of tax” for tax deducted at higher rate
• Transporter transaction where no deduction has been carried to marked separately as “T”. Flag “T” to be mentioned in the field for lower or no deduction at deductee detail.
• Any one of the contact details of deductor/collector is mandatory:
o Deductor/Collector telephone no. along with STD code
o Responsible per son telephone no. along with STD code
o Mobile no. of responsible person
• Mandatory to quote e-mail id of deductor/collector or responsible person.
You can FREE DOWNLOAD of the file from the below link:-
e-TDS/TCS RPU (ver 2.2) for FY 2010-11
to validate the return you must download following fvu
e-TDS/TCS FVU.exe (Version 3.0)